Thursday, January 20, 2011

Off the Coke!

Best Blogger Tips
Isn't it BEAUTIFUL? I've had a serious addiction to Coke for a while now. Correction. I had a serious addiction to Coke. I've been off of it for a month now. An entire Coke free month. Stopping cold turkey was incredibly painful, in all senses of the word. The headaches were horrid, the cravings were constant, I was crabby, uncomfortable, and in pain. But a month out, I can now say that I am no longer addicted to it. Sometimes I see it in the store and I remember how normal it was to drink it. It's placed in 12 different locations so I won't accidentally forget to pick some up. I never really noticed how many places it's located until I stopped drinking it. Then I felt like it was following me around the grocery store!

The bottom line is that Coke is just about the most unhealthy thing a person can consume. Aside from the caffeine, it is chock full of a large quantity of absolutely useless calories. I was not just addicted to the caffeine, but to the sugar.

I won't say that I feel wonderful and amazing because I stopped drinking Coke, but I feel much better. I'm more awake, I'm able to think more clearly, and I'm finally able to lose some weight. Most importantly, it isn't controlling me anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment