Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Me don't WANT to!"

Best Blogger Tips
Who can guess what bothers me most about this statement?

It came from the mouth of my very willful, obstinate 2 year old. The fact that it is defiant annoys me. It is her way though, so I work with her. The thing that bothers me most is the grammar. The child uses "me" in the place of "I" every single time. I understand that this is normal. However, Sophia is not particularly interested in being corrected. I correct her each and every time, and make her repeat it to me using the proper pronoun. I believe that she is capable of correcting her language, but just doesn't feel the need.

We don't watch much Sesame Street here, and I'm glad. The biggest offender in the use of improper singular pronouns:

0 comments:

Post a Comment