Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Battlestar Galactica

Best Blogger Tips
 Chris likes to bring home videos once in a while.  He likes me to watch them with him.  The problem is, I don't really like watching TV.  It gets even more interesting when he brings home a science fiction flick.  Sometimes I watch them.  I decided I'd give Battlestar Galactica a try.  I actually know absolutely nothing about this show.  It has some history, I guess it's been remade a few times.  The one we watched was from 2004.  

Some of the content in this version screams Star Wars.  The acting isn't too bad and after getting past the very confusing beginning, the story is easy enough to follow.  I told Chris I'd watch the next few just to see what happens.  I was sad to learn that a character I like is actually a sleeper Cylon.  Or is she a sleeper?  Who knows!

There's some really weird religion going on in this show, and some pretty blatant references to the zodiac signs.  At the beginning of the series you are introduced to the planet "Caprica" and told there are 11 others.  Of course, there is a 13th secret planet that has been hidden from knowledge.  Battlestar Galactica obviously knew about the addition of the 13th zodiac sign before everybody else. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment