Wednesday, October 10, 2012

When Comics Match Life

Best Blogger Tips
 My brother sent me this really funny comic strip yesterday:

Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson:




Sometimes I wonder about the jumbled mess the part of my brain is that keeps track of kid's stories.  It must be an absolute disaster in there.  "In a great green room, there was a telephone...I love your inside and outside...one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish...Gossie is a gossling.  A small yellow gosling who likes to wear bright red boots.  EVERY DAY...for I have never been afraid of anything, not very...and when the moon is on the rise, they all go up to exercise...go by scooter, go by skis, bundle up so you don't freeze...hey you, want to fight?..."  I imagine myself as a very old woman, sitting in a chair, babbling about pale green pants. 

I've never taken this route with books, but sometimes I do hide a book or two to change the focus for a while.  Isaac loves The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carl right now.  He's starting to move out of this phase though, just as Daniel will enter it.  My mom tells my that she read me The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown Ad nauseam when I was young.  We've certainly been through that one here too.  I can't figure out what it is about certain books that makes them so appealing, but my kids certainly have a way of picking a favorite and sticking with it - for a looooooong time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment