Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gardening Accidents

Best Blogger Tips
I have a very bad habit of buying plants on clearance, sticking them in the flower beds, and then forgetting about them.  Sometimes I don't even know what they are, how big they will get, or anything about them.  I was able to uproot 3 very well established Juniper plants last summer, so I should be able to get just about anything out after that experience.  I rarely water - I figure if you're going to survive in my flower beds you better be hardy enough to fend for yourself.  Wimpy plants die out, while hardy ones survive and thrive. 

I picked up a rose bush on clearance for $3 at Giant Eagle a few months ago.  Chris planted it in one of the beds behind the house.  Once in a while I'd look at it to see if it were still alive, and it would be green.  Today I was out trying to start cleaning up for the fall, and here's what I found:


Now I know that I planted a pink rose bush.  :)  Sophia will be thrilled.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment