Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mommy Progress

Best Blogger Tips
I know I'm not the only mom who's ever worried about her children!  I'm particularly paranoid about my kids when they are outside, or when they ask to go to the neighbor's to play.  As we've adjusted to this neighborhood (we've been here almost 2 years!) I'm starting to loosen up a little.  A *little*.

Right now, the sliding door to the back yard is open.  I am inside the house.  My boys are outside.  All of my boys!  And I'm not anxious about it.  I often walk up to the screen and spot check them, and if it gets too quiet I know Isaac is up to something, so I walk out, but otherwise, I'm hands off.  Of course, part of this equation is that Eli is a very responsible and observant kid, and if somebody even got near the fence or opened the gate he'd be yelling for me.  That helps.

Here's what I see when I look out:


Daniel LOVES to be outside.  From the minute he was home after delivery he has preferred to be out.  We walked him up and down the sidewalk when he was an infant late into October to calm him down.  He is very happy with this turn of the weather!  Isaac and Eli are on worm rescue back there, saving them from the sandbox and digging holes for them to relocate in the yard.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment